Wednesday 29 August 2012

Why oh why binges!

It's quite funny really...you see...I go on these binges. I become obsessed with
re-purposing something. Then spend days on searching the item, then I end up with this.



Believe me, there are plenty more then those in the picture.

So, what happens is that I then get busy with other projects. The wine boxes sit, and sit, and I move them, and they sit. 3 months later they are still sitting. Humph.

Well, finally have a day where the inspiration is flowing. So I start putting the wine boxes together.

Not easy, as they are alllllll different. So playing, and playing. Then I start getting this:


Now, I think that is a start. The inside of the boxes are painted a robin eggs blue.

So, onwards we go. Ran out of steam and quit for the day, but the boxes are still stacked in my atelier, waiting to be inspired.

That's all for today.

talk later
Dorothy







1 comment:

  1. I understand the collecting to repurpose thing. I have boxes of jewelry that I have found at garage sales. I take them apart and make something new, but I also have lots of new beads, so it will take me three more lifetimes to create new jewelry items. But I have so much fun doing it! And the search for something special to use for my creations is lots of fun too.

    I like the start of your new creations with the Robin's Egg blue.

    ReplyDelete